|Tags:||#Offensive: Burst |
|Origin:|| Marvel Comics|
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men Annual #1990 [[Category:Marvel Comics
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men Annual #1990]]
|Gambit twirls his staff around.|
|Crystal(s):|| Cajun Crystal|
|Ante Up, Concussion, Stun|
- "A fight it is! Feel lucky, folks? I'll deal!"
Remy LeBeau, raised by thieves on the dark streets of New Orleans was eventually forced to leave that life behind after winning a duel he wasn't meant to. Gifted with the power to supercharge objects he touches with powerful kinetic force, Gambit now fights alongside his fellow mutants to protect mankind, while also occasionally dipping into his more scoundrel-like nature to pull off a heist here and there.
- Note: This section is incomplete. If you have the stats for Gambit at Rank 1 Level 1, or the stats for his Signature Ability at Level 1, 8, or 20, please add them below. The Marvel Contest of Champions Wikia appreciates.
- Blocking: Gambit charges his weapons while holding Block, gaining a Kinetic Charge for every 0.5 seconds he isn't attacked. Whenever Gambit is struck by a combo-ending attack, he has a 50% chance to Fold and lose all his Kinetic Charges.
- Heavy Attacks: Gambit cashes out, converting his Kinetic Charges to Prowess Buffs, each increasing Special Damage by X% for X seconds.
|Tier||% Sp. DMG Increase||Time (sec)|
- Passive: Gambit's unique armor grants him X% Physical Resistance & Bleed Resistance. Once Gambit has lost 20% of his max Health from Physical Damage, the armor breaks.
- Special Attacks: Gambit's Ability Accuracy increases by 2% for each Kinetic Charge he has during Special Attacks.
|Tier||% Chance/Stun||Time (sec)|
- Bayou Beatdown
|Tier||% Chance/Concussion||% Reduced Ability Accuracy|
- Royal Flush
|Tier||% Chance/Paralyze||% Gain Reduction|
Strengths and Weaknesses
- In addition to a class advantage, Gambit's armor protects him from the Bleed effects of Black Panther, Hawkeye, and Agent Venom. Additionally, his Concussion ability will deny them their much needed ability triggers.
- Gambit's Bleed resistance and strong Paralyze ability allows him to overpower Wolverine, Deadpool, and Wolverine (X-23) quickly by reducing their offensive power and reducing their regeneration effects.
- In addition to a class disadvantage, Civil Warrior can reduce Gambit's ability to trigger his Stun effects as well as his Special Damage, which he relies on heavily.
- Doctor Strange, Magneto, and Magneto (Marvel NOW!) deal Energy Damage, thus ignoring Gambit's Physical Resistance. Additionally, Doctor Strange's frequent Counterspell effects can tear away Gambit's much-needed Prowess buffs.
- Parry and Stupefy: By utilizing Parry in conjunction with Stupefy, Gambit can buy himself enough time to build up Kinetic charges when he is already at a high count.
- Petrify: With two of Gambit's Special Attacks causing a Stun, picking up this Mastery can help him land multiple combos on his opponent and not worry as much about a Special Attack retaliation. Additionally, the effects of Paralyze stack with this Mastery.
- "N'awlins" is how "New Orleans" is pronounced in the local dialect.
- "Au Revoir" is French for "Goodbye."
- According to Art Director Gabriel Frizzera, the development team created a specific animation rig for Gambit to ensure that he had an extra-long coat like in the comics.
- Champion Spotlight - Gambit
- Gambit Special Moves - Marvel Contest of Champions
- Entering Marvel Contest of Champions: Gambit
|List of Mutant Champions|
| [v ● e]
Playable: Archangel ● Beast ● Cable ● Colossus ● Cyclops (New Xavier School ● Blue Team) ● Deadpool (X-Force) ● Gambit ● Iceman ● Magneto (Marvel NOW!) ● Nightcrawler ● Old Man Logan ● Rogue ● Storm ● Psylocke ● Wolverine (X-23)