|Tags:||#Defensive: Tank |
#Guardians of the Galaxy
|Origin:|| Marvel Cinematic Universe|
First Appearance: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude #2 [[Category:Marvel Cinematic Universe
First Appearance: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude #2]]
|Groot looks at the screen affectionately.|
|Armor Break, Bleed, Bleed Immunity, Cleanse, Cruelty, Fury, Pacifism, Physical Resistance, Regeneration|
"I am...Groot. I am Groot! I am..."
"Yeah, thanks for that — listen, Rocket here. There's only four things you gotta know about Groot. Number one, he's a walking tree from some far away planet..."
"I am Groot!"
"Sorry, 'Flora colossus', not 'tree person'. Geez. Number two, he's real kind and passive until you make him mad. Three, he can only say three words; try and guess which ones? And four, me and him have been together forever. You mess with him, and you mess with me, and my really big gun."
- Note: This section is incomplete. If you have the stats for Groot at Rank 1 Level 1, or the stats for his Signature Ability at Level 1, 8, or 20, please add them below. The Marvel Contest of Champions Wikia appreciates.
- When Struck by Critical Hits: Groot's gentle nature is put to the test any time the opponent strikes with a Critical Hit or uses a Special Attack against him, with a 100% chance to gain a Pacifism charge. Each time a charge is gained, Groot has a 10% chance per charge to throw off his gentle nature.
- Passive: When Groot throws off his gentle nature, he gains one Fury and one Resist Physical effect for each Pacifism charge, increasing Attack by X% for 10 seconds.
|Tier||% ATK Increase|
- Passive: Unique physiology allows detrimental effects to be shrugged off X% faster than normal.
|Tier||% Speed Increase|
- Gentle Giant
- Groot is tired of seeing his friends hurt and gets even angrier when he finally snaps!
- Gentle Giant
|Tier (Level)||% Chance/Cruelty|
- I am Groot
|Tier||% Armor Reduction|
- I AM GROOT!
|Tier||% Health Recovered|
- WE ARE GROOT!
|Tier||% Chance/Bleed||% Damage||Time (sec)|
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Groot is a Champion that can punish enemies for frequent use of Special Attacks, as he gains Pacifism charges regardless of whether he's hit or not from the attack.
- With his base Physical Resistance, Pacifism, and Regeneration on his second Special Attack, Groot can take a lot of punishment during a fight, while also dishing out lots of damage in large bursts when his Pacifism trigger causes him to snap.
- Groot's ability to shrug off debuffs such as Poison, Stun, and Armor Break faster allows him to shut down much of the power from some Champions reliant on such effects.
- As Groot relies on Pacifism for large bursts of damage, he can be more susceptible than others to the random chance of activations. It is possible, however unlikely, that Groot's Pacifism won't trigger during a fight, and he'll be left sitting with 8 stacks at the end of the encounter.
- Enhanced Fury and Extended Fury: The Attack bonus that Groot gains from his Pacifism counts as a Fury effect. Grabbing these two Masteries allows Groot's Pacifism to be much stronger and last longer for an overall higher damage output.
- Double Edge: As Groot is immune to Bleed effects, he only gains the bonus Attack from Double Edge with none of the damage trade off.
- Greater Vitality and Perfect Block and Physical Resistance: Groot is a Champion that can go the distance in a fight. His inherent Physical Resistance, coupled with the boost he gains from Pacifism can allow him to slug it out much longer than other Champions. Additionally, the more triggers of Pacifism that can be gained in a fight, the better as they each represent a large boost of damage output. Increasing Groot's longevity allows him more chances to trigger Pacifism and more opportunities to get those large damage boosts.
- Before his addition, Groot was one of the most requested characters for addition into the game, despite being confirmed months before.
- In fact, when Groot finally was added, he got a special video announcing his addition.
- According to Art Director Gabriel Frizzera, Groot's model was created by Lee Romao.
- Groot - Champion Spotlight - Early View
- Marvel Contest of Champions: Groot Spotlight
- Entering Marvel Contest of Champions: Groot
|List of Cosmic Champions|
| [v ● e]
Playable: Angela ●Black Bolt ● Captain Marvel ● Carnage ● Drax ● Gamora ● Groot ● Hyperion ● King Groot ● Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) ● Phoenix ● Ronan ● Spider-Man (Symbiote) ● Superior Iron Man ● Thanos ● Thor ● Venom ● Venompool