|Tags:||#Defensive: Guard |
|Luke Cage flexes.|
|Crystal(s):|| Experimental Crystal|
|Bleed Immunity, Exhaustion, Physical Resistance, Stun|
|Heroes for Hire:||Iron Fist|
|Heroes for Hire:||Iron Fist (Immortal)|
Framed and sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit, Carl Lucas became the "volunteer" for a series of scientific experiments to create another Super-Soldier. When a sadistic prison guard intervened with the experiment, Lucas was granted superhuman strength and near-impenetrable skin. Using his newfound abilities to escape prison, Carl changed his name to Luke Cage and set up shop as a Hero for Hire, vowing to assist any who needed his help...for the right price.
- Note: This section is incomplete. If you have the stats for Luke Cage at Rank 1 Level 1, or the stats for his Signature Ability at Level 1, 8, or 20, please add them below. The Marvel Contest of Champions Wikia appreciates.
- Passive: Bulletproof and near impenetrable skin provides immunity to Bleeding.
- When Attacked: X% chance to gain X% Physical Resistance for X seconds.
|Tier||% Chance/PR Gain||% PR Gain||Time (sec)|
- Light Attacks: X% chance to Exhaust the opponent, reducing Critical Hit Damage by X% for X seconds.
|Tier||% Chance/Exhaustion||% Crit Damage Reduction||Time (sec)|
- Special Attacks: X% chance to Stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds. The chance to stun is increased by 10% for each stack of Exhaustion the target has, up to 30%.
- Tough it Out
- When Attacked: The first time Luke Cage is struck during a fight his bullet-proof skin allows him to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for X seconds.
- Cage shows off some powerful moves taught to him by the Iron Fist himself.
- Power Man
- Four strong hits give his opponent a bruisin'.
- Sweet Christmas
- Trained in his youth by a gang called The Rivals, Luke Cage shows he's no creampuff.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Cage's ability to become Indestructible for a short time can work like a mulligan in tough Alliance Quests, allowing him to soak up a combo or special attack from a very powerful boss Champion.
- Luke Cage, like many Science Champions, has a high level of survivability, able to soak up a lot of physical damage throughout the fight. Choosing match-ups with opponents that rely on Physical Damage such as Colossus and Rhino can work very well.
- Luke Cage has very little Armor, instead relying on stronger Physical Resistance, and as a result doesn't have much protection against strong Energy Attacks found in many Special Attacks.
- Double Edge: As Luke Cage is immune to Bleed effects, Double Edge only provides the benefit of increased Attack with none of the downside.
- Serum Science: Luke Cage has very strong Physical Resistance, both from his struck ability and from his synergy with Iron Fist, but has no protection against Energy Attacks which make up many of the Special Attacks in the game. Serum Science helps removes this one weakness.
- Stupefy: Increasing the Stun duration for Luke Cage can allow him to chain Stun effects together more easily, especially if the opponent has multiple stacks of Exhaustion active.
- Luke Cage - Champion Spotlight
- Marvel Contest of Champions: Luke Cage Spotlight
- Entering Marvel Contest of Champions: Luke Cage
|List of Science Champions|
| [v ● e]
Playable: Abomination ● Ant-Man ● Captain America (WWII) ● Electro ● Hulk ● Joe Fixit ● Luke Cage ● Quake ● Red Hulk ● Rhino ● She-Hulk ● Spider-Gwen ● Spider-Man (Classic ● Miles Morales) ● Yellowjacket